Welcome to my Haven...grab a cup of hot tea or coco and see what's up today!

Welcome to my Haven...grab a cup of hot tea or coco and see what's up today!
I Live in a Witches World of Broomsticks and Magick!


May All Your Angels Be Wicked Good!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Shaving Cream and Ink fabric painting.



This is what we did Wednesday in my Fiber Arts group.
What you need:
tray
Fabric
fabric ink or paint ( can use regular paint but use acrylic) like craft paint you get at wal-mart etc.
trash bags
squige(sp) the thing you wash off water from windows with, just smaller.
eye dropper- for detailing where you want paint to go.
skewer
Shaving cream not gel.
iron
Instructions:
place tray ( can just use trash bag if using bigger piece of fabric) on plastic bag........cover all of tray with shaving cream, use your hand to spread evenly. use dropper to add ink or paint to shaving cream where you want it.use skewer to swearl ink into shaving cream.....til you get the look you want.place fabric on top of shaving cream and gently pat down til ink shows through cloth. pick up cloth and place shaving cream side up on the other trash bag.......squige off shaving cream...let dry, then heat set with iron. then wash to get shaving cream smell out.that's it. Oh yeah, you can get fabric ink at most quilt shops or Ac Moore's or Hobby lobby I think.
You can also do fabric painting this way.
usaapp.husqvarnaviking.com/education/pdf/AS28_1904.pdf
Huggs,
Cie

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

I've always wanted to try this but I end up doing it with thickened water and acrylic paints. But only 'cause I have those supplies.

Been doing my crafts....

 I was making me a rug and ran out of yarn so it is on hold til it gets here. I really like the pattern and it is fun and easy to make. I ca...