Welcome to my Haven...grab a cup of hot tea or coco and see what's up today!

Welcome to my Haven...grab a cup of hot tea or coco and see what's up today!
I Live in a Witches World of Broomsticks and Magick!


May All Your Angels Be Wicked Good!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Hibiscus Delight and other stuff.








Well, yesterday I was at my LQS taking a class from Malia-Marion Bosch with my Applique group. The picture is what we did. I still have to applique it and then add batting and backing. Then do the echo quilting to it. The class was so much fun. We each got a Lei and our name tags are also our label for our quilts(see below). I had the supply list and brought fabric from home. Found out from our directions She was teaching us, that what I though I had gotten as a full yard wigth in a swap was only 3/4 a yard wigth. So I didn't have enough fabric to do the quilt. Well, Malia grabbed my hand and lead me out to the quilt shop and bought me enough fabric to do the quilt top. So what you see in the picture is the fabrics she picked out.


















We also had a Luau for Lunch the food was very good even though I couldn't eat some of it due to being allergic to coconut. I also won 2 door prizes, the first one I won was the day brefore when we went to see Malia's trunk show and heard her talk about Haiwii, I got a pack of FQ's that are muliti-colored. Then at the class I won Hula Duster from Haiwii, Malia said they hang them off their sewing machine's and after they are done with a quilt the use it to dust their sewing machine off with (picture to the right)








I also joined the Spring 4 Season Quilt Swap, I can't wait to start on my quilt I already have an idea in mind I hope whoever I get likes it. Will post more when I get started on it.


I also got my partner today for the Belladonna Easter Basket Swap. Her name is Jeannie and I can't wait to start getting all her stuff together to mail out to her.




Oh and my MIL brought my sewing machine home wednesday to. All it needed was the belt to be put back on. But they oiled and realined everything too. I'm happy to get it bavk as now I can finish my Fiber Arts quilt top that I want to put in my local fair this year.

I think that's it for now. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Huggs,

Cie


No comments:

Been doing my crafts....

 I was making me a rug and ran out of yarn so it is on hold til it gets here. I really like the pattern and it is fun and easy to make. I ca...